Site Search


Flipkart.com

I Don't Eat Anything in Between Meals: Jiah Khan

Jiah's thought for food

I am: A non-vegetarian but I am not so much into non-vegetarian fare.

Jiah's Diet Routine:

I begin my day with: Cereal and milk. I don't eat anything in between meals.

I have lunch: Around 1 pm or 2 pm. If I have a shoot coming up, I stick to proteins and salads. If I am in London, I eat burgers and French fries. I like Caesar salad. For proteins, I eat grilled fish, kebabs, chicken and an egg white omelette.

When I don't carry lunch: I eat unit food as long as it's healthy. I like dal chawal.

A must have for lunch: Amazing green chutney that my maid makes. I also have cheese sandwiches or sprouted salad. I like having curd.

I drink a lot of: Water and diluted apple juice. I dilute it as I don't like it sweet.

In the evening: I don't snack, I eat dinner by 6:30 pm or 7 pm.

For dinner: I eat home food; dal rice or chicken curry.

The last thing I have before going to sleep: Is a glass of milk.

Fitness regimen:

I lost a lot of weight over the past year and now I am just trying to put it on. Otherwise, I dance and do yoga. I think being young helps because your metabolism is high at this age.

On a working day: I get up early, otherwise I don't wake up till 9 am.

Indulgences and Dislikes:

I love chocolates: My mom bought me an advent calendar and there is a chocolate on each page. There were 24 chocolates and I finished them all. I like truffles and Swiss chocolates. Apart from that, I like rasmalai.

I am allergic to: Pollen.

I dislike: Onions. I have never liked them.

One food that has a childhood memory for me: A cereal called cocoa puffs. I have been having it since I was seven.

My fridge always has: Milk and cheese.

My favourite cook is: My mom, Rabia. She makes everything well — Indian, Italian. When we were living in London, each time my mom made Indian food, it was like Christmas for us.
I started cooking when I was: Seven. Cooking was a subject in school. I made chicken pasta once and my family ate it within two minutes flat, I didn't even get to taste it. I don't get time to cook when I am shooting but the last time I was in London, I made salmon, grilled vegetables and a French muffin salad.

My best dining friends are: My younger sisters, Karishma and Kavita. We used to go to Wasabi a lot. I love sushi. I also like Olive and Mezzo Mezzo. We always eat Continental when we go out.

I can't resist buying: Bourbons. I love them.

One dish from my hometown that I like: My mom's from Lucknow so ideally I should be saying biryani. But because I have grown up in England, I relish fish and chips.

My idea of a romantic meal: Oysters and caviar.

Jiah's favourite recipe:

Chocolate Cookies
ingredients:
1 cup walnut pieces
2 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate
1 cup butter or stick margarine, softened (2 sticks, no substitute)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour

Method:
Whirl walnuts in food processor until powdery (or use a nut mill to grind finely). Set aside. Whirl chocolate until powdery. Set aside. Bake the ground chocolate at 275degrees. Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees. In a mixer bowl, combine butter and sugar, and beat until fluffy. Add vanilla and chocolate and mix thoroughly. Gradually mix in flour, walnuts, until well-combined. Drop cookies by heaping teaspoons, slightly apart, onto un-greased or parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake till cookies are firm and lightly browned. Let cookies stand on baking sheets for about five minutes before removing them to wire racks to finish cooling.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Recent Updates