Site Search


Flipkart.com

Shankar Mahadevan's Recipe of His Favourite Dish 'Spicy Thai Green Curry'

Celeb Cook-in introduces you to the lesser-known foodie hidden in our better-known faces

Shankar Mahadevan, Singer and Composer

MY FAVOURITE DISH

“I can’t resist spicy green Thai curry. It’s so tempting. The coconut flavour makes this a truly enjoyable dish. And of course, I have a weakness for anything with chocolate.”

I LIKE TO EAT AT I

“I have a thing for Chinese food, so it has to be Royal China, Mumbai. It’s a place where I can have good food and relax with my family.”

MY FAVOURED CUISINE

“I’m a true South Indian at heart and I love to eat South Indian food — dosas, idlis, vadas. The secret of a good dosa is the chutney. I make very good chutneys.”

MY NON-FOOD PASSION

“I love music, it’s in my soul. But I love cooking. Being in the kitchen is perhaps the best way to relax. I also love watching cookery shows.”

BEST MEAL I’VE EVER HAD

“It was at a small Chinese dhaba close to Great Wall of China. We were surprised at the dishes that they doled out. They were simply amazing.”

MY FAVOURITE RECIPE

“Green Thai curry.”

Shankar’s Thai green curry, chicken with jasmine rice

Green Curry Paste

INGREDIENTS: I Onion: 60 gms I Garlic: 40 gms I Galangal: 60 gms I Green chilli: 25 gms I Big green chilli: 30 gms I Kaffir lime leaves: 20 gms I Lemon grass: 30 gms I Coriander roots: 20 gms I Coriander: 20 gms I Coriander seeds: 20 gms I Cumin seeds: 20 gms.

THAI GREEN CURRY, CHICKEN

INGREDIENTS: I Curry paste: 70 gms I Coconut milk:100 ml I White eggplant (diced): 50 gms I Pea aubergines:50 gms I Thai chili diamond: 10 gms I Sweet basil:15 gms I Chicken: 200 gms I Light soy sauce:10 ml.

JASMINE RICE

INGREDIENTS: I Jasmine rice: 100 gms I Water: 2 times of rice. METHOD I Boil together onion, garlic, and galangal. I Blanch green chili and keep aside. I Blend the ingredients to a fine paste. I In a heavy bottom pan, add oil, sauté paste, coconut milk and stock.I Keep cooking till curry starts leaving oil. I In a separate pan, add curry and pea aubergine, white eggplant and boil the curry. I Add chicken and cook.I Finish with Thai chili and sweet basil and light soy sauce.I Serve hot with jasmine rice

JASMINE RICE

METHOD: I Wash, drain jasmine rice. I In a rice cooker, place drained rice and add two times the water by quantity and cook till rice gets done.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Recent Updates