Site Search


Flipkart.com

Shilpa Shetty's Beauty Essentials: My Body & I


FACE FACTS

What is your beauty routine?
In the morning, I splash warm then cold water on my face and apply moisturiser and eye cream. At night, I cleanse with a home-made remedy: olive oil, Johnson’s Baby Oil and Bio-Oil, which I massage in and remove with a hot face cloth.

Your make-up bag heroes?
Mac liquid eyeliner, Chanel foundation, Clinique powder, Mac mascara and Estée Lauder lipstick.

Desert island essentials?
Clinique sunscreen, right. As I live in India, the higher SPF the better – I try to use SPF50.

What beauty secrets has your mother passed on to you?
Never use soap on your face – it’s the worst thing for it. She also advocated the ‘less is more’ rule, so I don’t overload my skin with products.

Who is your beauty icon?
Madonna. She has made the best of herself every step of the way.

Would you have plastic surgery?
I don’t need it right now. I don’t want to be judgmental; have it if you feel you need it, but do your research, go to the right person and don’t become addicted.

LITTLE LUXURIES

What makes you feel glamorous?
A blow-dry – and Donna Karan clothes are wonderful.

Your favourite fragrances?
I switch between Esteé Lauder Pleasures and Dolce & Gabbana.

BODYWORK

How do you keep fit?
I practise yoga. It is the most holistic way to keep fit, as it works with your body and soul. I also find it calming.

A tip for body confidence?
If you want to change how you look, it requires dedication, so start today – even if it is simply walking to work or improving your diet. Understand the value of being fit, rather than simply looking good – that will follow.

Do you have body treatments?
I’m a spa junkie and usually go for a deep-tissue massage. When I was in London, I had a great one at Harrods’ Urban Retreat [tel: 020 7893 8333], and I’ll always remember the one I had in Tanzania at the Zamani Zanzibar Kempinski Hotel.

EATS AND TREATS

Do you eat to live or live to eat?
Both. I live to eat, but eat to live healthily. It is all about balance – if I eat heavily in the day, I have a light dinner.

Tea or coffee?
I’m a green tea-aholic – it’s a great antioxidant.

Do you take vitamins?
I take calcium, magnesium, vitamin C and a Centrum multivitamin each morning. I have a break every few weeks to give my system a rest.

What keeps you going through the day?
I have two eggs for breakfast if I’ve got a busy day ahead.

CHILLING OUT

How do you relax?
I watch TV with my sister. I love Friends, Sex and the City and Heroes. And a hot ten-minute shower is the ultimate relaxer.

What self-help books have inspired you?
Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson. It shows you how easy it is to improve
your life.

Your ultimate great escape?
Switching off my phone so that I’m unavailable – although this is practically impossible as I love to talk. And London; it’s a home from home.

What is your feel-good philosophy?
I’m pretty practical really. I make myself believe things happen for a reason.
Shilpa stars in Desire, which will be shown at the Cannes Film Festival; see shilpashettylive.com

FAVOURITE MAKE-UP BRANDS AND ACCESSORIES THAT SHILPA SHETTY USES. SHILPA'S HOT LIST.

» Johnson’s Baby Oil, $4.64 for 591 ml, available on Amazon.com

» Bio-Oil, $10.53 for 60ml, available at Amazon.com

» Chanel Vitalumière foundation, $45.99 for 30ml at Available of Amazon.com

» Mac Liquid Eyeliner in Boot Black, $20.10 available of Amazon.com

» MAC ZOOM LASH MASCARA , $6.25 on Amazon.com

» Clinique Stay-Matte Pressed Powder, $22.00 on Amazon.com

» Sun-Care UV-Response Body Cream SPF50, $22.00 at amazon.com

» Estée Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in Rose Tea and Crystal Rose, available for $9.00 on Amazon.com

» Pleasures by Estée Lauder eau de parfum, $52.00 at Amazon.com

» Dolce & Gabbana eau de parfum.

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Recent Updates