Site Search


Flipkart.com

Shibani Kashyap's Daily Skin and Hair Care Regime

‘I PREFER A NO MAKE-UP LOOK’ ...says singer Shibani Kashyap


My Daily Skin Care Regime

I like to keep my skin hydrated.Protection from the sun, cleansing of the skin and sleep are very important for a good, glowing skin. My daily skin care regime starts with washing my face with cool water, first thing in the morning. I leave it for at least half an hour and then rinse it off. Trust me, it works like magic on the skin! I always apply a sun block before stepping out of my house. I prefer going in for a no make-up look most of the time. I use make-up only during shoots. To beat the heat, I keep spraying rose water on my face to keep my skin fresh. Before going to bed, I use a light scrub to get rid of the grime, a soap-free facewash, followed by a toner and a light overnight cream to keep my face hydrated through the night. The skin of the entire body needs pampering, so I take a weekly body massage, body scrub and body polish. I believe in loving my skin and taking good care of it.

My Hair Care Regime

Hair they say, is the crowning glory of a woman. A good healthy high-protein diet is a must for healthy bouncy, shiny hair. In summer, I make it a point to wash my hair every alternate day with a good shampoo and conditioner. I avoid getting my hair coloured, highlighted or straightened. I do not like my hair to get subjected to chemicals. I oil my hair regularly with mustard oil and also use an egg pack with curd and honey. They are natural conditioners and leave the hair deeply conditioned.

TEENAGE PROBLEM

As a teenager, I did have pimples but not many. Elders in the family will always ask me to keep my tummy clean. I stayed away from oily food. I still follow that and eat curd. It is rich in protein and keeps you hydrated.

NATURALLY SPEAKING

The best home-made remedy I’ve come across to remove a tan is to apply curd and lime juice on your face and viola, the tan goes instantly. Multani mitti with a pinch of turmeric, honey and water/cold milk is an excellent face pack. For my hair, I massage hot oil on my scalp and keep it overnight. If time permits, I apply curd with a few drops of lime which removes oil and gives great shine to your hair.

QUICK FIX

If you have long hair and if if it is unmanageable for some reason, then just tie them into a ponytail. Keep a bodyspray or perfume handy and a lip gloss for that last minute.

MUST-HAVE IN THE MAKE-UP KIT

Always keep face wash, moisturiser, compact powder, kaajal and light lipstick or lipgloss in your bag.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Recent Updates