Site Search


Flipkart.com

John Abraham Says There Are No Shortcuts to Losing Weight and Looking Fit

IF you thought that John Abraham was at his fittest best when you saw him in yellow tracks in Dostana, you need to look at him now. He spent eight long months working on his body for his upcoming film, because the filmmakers wanted him to build 96 kilos of muscle and look like Sylvester Stallone. The actor, who calls the gym his ' religion', talks about being India's sexiest bachelor and staying in shape: Body art I might have been voted as India's sexiest bachelor, but I don't find myself sexy.

Every morning I look in the mirror very critically and view my body as a piece of sculpture. I make a mental note of the part that needs to be chiselled and then down to work. I'm the happiest when I am working out. Even when I am down with fever, I make it a point to hit the gym. I’ve now reached 70 per cent of my optimum fitness level. In the next two years, I'll touch 90 per cent and then I'll be super fit.

When youngsters come to me saying that they like my physique because its proportionate, I love it. I tell them that it is important to stay fit. It’s good to know that have influenced a lot of people around me to become healthier.

Dare to bare People might say that he looks good in the ' yellow chaddi', but it takes guts to be able to bare that much. A great diet and great discipline are needed to look like that. And as actors, we need to have great bodies because cinema is a visual medium. Today, most stars are realising that and showing more skin than ever before. But frankly, I think all the actors in the industry need to work on their fitness, except maybe Akshay Kumar. Unfortunately, most stars have only focussed on their upper bodies. The Indian perception is that if your arms are big, you have good body. But you can have a six pack and still be unfit. It is important to workout every muscle in your body.

Gym jam I have been religiously eating healthy and exercising since the last 10 years. My target now is to look like Sylvester Stallone. I don't think there are any shortcuts to losing weight and looking fit. If you resort to a quick fix, you'll expand your glands or lose your hair or jeopardise your chances of having a baby. Trust me, it's not worth it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Recent Updates