Site Search


Flipkart.com

Dino Morea Shares His Workout Fundas-No Complicated Fitness Regimes or Diets

WHILE he's had a six-pack since as long as we can remember, actor- entrepreneur Dino Morea has never been one for complicated fitness regimes or diets. And his definition of keeping it simple is roughing it out on the soccer field. The actor, who was a judge on a fitness show organised by a gym recently, shares his love for fitness:


Workout fundas

I play basketball and football twice a week for a couple of hours. So, sports comprises a major part of my workout. The rest of the days I visit the gym, where I do a lot of strength training. I also do balancing exercises on a regular basis. In fact, I have tied a rope to a tree in my garden. Everyday, I try to climb the rope, which is also a form of workout. When I was a kid, my father used to make me participate in all kinds of sports. I played tennis professionally till the age of 13, and then switched to basketball. I was also into athletics, football and hockey. So, fitness has been a part of my life since childhood.

Being a sport

Fitness is important for each one of us. It keeps your mind and body healthy. And it gives us urbanites a sense of discipline, because it’s always a challenge to incorporate fitness in our busy schedules. It also helps us unwind. When I play a game of football, my mind is totally on the game. It just drives away all the mental stress and pressure. For those who find going to the gym and exercising a drudgery, sports is the perfect option.

No diet dilemma

The concept of dieting didn't exist in the time when I was growing up. My parents told us to eat everything. I am a firm believer in moderation. I indulge in chocolates once in a while without any guilt because I know that I am going to burn off those extra calories once I hit the football field. The notion of ' size zero' is utter crap. You will die if you have a size zero body. I believe that an athletic body is what you should aim for since it facilitates faster movement. When I read about some of the modern diets, I just can't stop laughing.

Massage mantra

I meditate at times, and also love getting massages. A full body massage is a great way to relax your muscles. It helps me rejuvenate after a tiring day on the sports field. A good massage calms me down, not to mention that it makes me feel pampered (smiles).

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Recent Updates