Site Search


Flipkart.com

Workout Regime Aamir Khan Followed to Achieve the Ghajini Look

It took Aamir 13 months of workout, with a daily regimen of about four hours, to achieve the next to impossible look for 'Ghajini'," Satyajit 'Satya' Chaurasia, who trained the actor for the film

Aamir Khan used to get tired exercising and sometimes even used to shriek in pain and cry doing the stomach crunches, but he did not skip a single day. Every week his body used to show results and that kept him going

Aamir is known for his intense performances. Personal trainer Satyajit Chaurasia is not one to let go easily and was responsible for making Aamir go the extra mile.

"The Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" and it was sometime in Dec 2006 that Aamir Khan 'Perfectionist' decided to take the first step of getting into the character for his role in Ghajini. Aamir is known for giving everything to his role and for Ghajini he knew he had to get all toned up and look absolutely in shape. Hence, he caught hold of good friend and personal trainer Satyajit Chaurasia and started his vigorous workout schedule. While the whole world is now going ga-ga over Aamir's new muscular look in Ghajini, only the actor knows the effort and pain gone into developing each and every muscle in his body.

Getting the perfect body has more to do with your mental endurance level rather than your physical endurance level. He also adds that to get the right physique apart from a good workout session, one also needs to have a balanced diet and get good, adequate rest. Aamir`s diet consisted of 16 egg whites each single day and no matter how busy he was, he managed to get at least eight hours of sleep during his training.

Most of the time, Aamir used to work out at his own gym along with his personal trainer Satya. In fact many years back, it was Aamir who encouraged Satya to develop a career in personal training when he had come from Nagpur with the hopes of making it big in Bollywood. Today, Satya runs the popular Barbarian gym in Mumbai that boasts of a clientele comprising the Who's who of Bollywood. Known to be a taskmaster, Satya is seen pushing Aamir, as the actor sweats it out doing the 'inclined sit-ups' to get those washboard abs.

Aamir Khan on his eight-pack abs

Aamir Khan is looking stunning these days, while other Khans are sporting six-pack abs, Aamir has gone two pack ahead with his physique. Aamir reveals the secret behind his ripped Ghajini look. Read below to know more: Talking about his physique Aamir says, “I needed this kind of physique because the kind of action you see me doing, you will believe I am capable of only because of my body.” “It took three hours of workout every day. I began on March 15, 2007, one day after my birthday, and it went on till April 21, 2008, I learnt a lot about fitness in this period. And how far I can push myself.” “All credit goes to my physical trainer Satyajit Chaurasia and diet by Dr. Vinod Durandhar. The workout was a cycle of three days…” “Mondays I did chest and back, Tuesdays I worked on the arms, and Wednesdays I exercised my shoulders and legs. Then I would repeat the cycle. This included cardio every day of between half-hour to an hour.” “I did abs to work the core muscles and get the six-pack, say 1,000 crunches. On days when I felt good, I would push myself more. There was no time to think… because I’d be screaming in pain!” “I was particular about getting eight hours of sleep. No matter what time I went to bed, I’d get eight hours, then get up and start training.” It was tough, because I was into post production for Taare Zameen Par at the time. And I’d finish my workouts, shower, crash out for a while to regain strength, then go to work.” “It was a balanced diet, one-third fat, one-third carbs, one-third protein, but normal food, rotis, rice, sabzis, chicken, 16 egg whites, fruit, and four litres of water. All cooked in three teaspoons of oil.” “No, not olive oil. There was no sugar, no potatoes, no bananas, no red meat, no egg yolks and no fried stuff. The diet changed every month.” “In the last week and before I went on the sets of Ghajini, I cut down salt. And the last three days, I took myself to the brink of dehydration by having just one glass of water a day. This cut that last bit of fat. And the body looked lean and ripped.” So guys now you know how to get that lean mean Aamir Khan’s look from Ghajini.

Pictures of Aamir working out with his physical trainer Satya to get the Ghajini look

Aamir Khan when he started his training












Related Posts with Thumbnails

Recent Updates